Make the Connection
Step Up, Speak Out is a project of the Nebraska Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence. Providing teens with clear and accurate information on all forms of violence—including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, and gender violence—can lead to a reduction of this violence. These materials, in isolation, are not enough to end all forms of violence. However, when used in conjunction with a community effort, violence can be eradicated.
Nebraska Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
The Nebraska Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is a statewide advocacy organization committed to the prevention and elimination of domestic violence and sexual assault. We work to enhance safety and justice for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault by supporting and building upon the services provided by the network of local programs. Nebraska’s network of domestic violence/sexual assault programs provides access to safety and shelter across our entire state. To learn more about the Nebraska Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence, visit our website at www.nebraskacoalition.org.
Thank you for your interest and commitment to bringing information on violence prevention to your classrooms and your community.
Make a Difference
You can make a difference for teens in your community if you Step Up and Speak Out against violence!
Start by educating yourself and your community:
- Familiarize yourself with this website and learn how to Step Up and Speak Out to support teens in your family and community.
- Friends, family, teachers, coaches, mentors, and community members all have the ability to Step Up and Speak Out.
Step up and get involved:
- Promote public awareness activities to highlight the issue within your schools and community.
- Share information about healthy and unhealthy relationships by implementing the Reaching and Teaching Teens to Stop Violence curriculum in your schools, local youth groups, after school programs, and church groups. Read more and find out how you can order it for your own community!
Speak out and be an active bystander:
- Learn the many ways you can Step Up and Speak Out against teen violence.
Your active involvement in reaching and teaching teens is a critical first step to ending the violence!